Explore the magnificent Black Forest with your bicycle. No matter if you wish to go across the fields with your mountain bike or want to ride the switchbacks up and down or prefer something more comfortable with an e-bike as to climb the peaks of the Black Forest. A bicycle rental is located directly at the house.
The Black Forest offers an extremely well developed network of hiking trails for all levels with plenty of places to visit and adequate rest stops. Ask at the reception for Hiking map.
With the Lake Titisee, the Lake Schluchsee and a variety of little lakes such as the Lake Windgfällweiher, a plenty of activities like Swimming, surfing, sailing and diving will be offered to the water-lovers.
In winter, the Hotel Diana is a perfect starting point for any kind of winter sports. In this area, there is a big amount of Ski loops like Feldberg. The nearest ski lifts is just 5 minutes away. Furthermore, you will find groomed country ski trails close by; Downhill slopes for skiing and snowboarding, sledge trails and winter hiking paths.
If you still find this not enough, you can climb up in high climbing forest “Action forest” or jump in the dam wall in the Schluchsee Lake. In the Black Forest is also possible to Paragliding. Moreover there is a Golf park in Hinterzarten.
It is never boring in the Black Forest. There is so much to see and to experience. Here are some excursion destinations for you:
- Feldberg – nature reserve with 60 km of hiking trails, largest winter sports area in the Black Forest. (about 5 km)
- Titisee-Neustadt – the Titisee with the Seestraße is one of the most popular destinations in Europe. (about 7 km)
- Golfclub Hochschwarzwald – experience-rich games in an unforgettable environment are guaranteed. (about 8 km)
- Schluchsee – the water sports center of the Black Forest and one of the cleanest bathing lakes. (about 11 km)
- Hinterzarten – the Pearl in the Black Forest and Breitnau – A village to fall in love with. (about 15 km)
- Tatzmania Löffingen – wildlife park and theme park with fun guaranteed. (about 24 km)
- Wutachschlucht – a popular holiday and hiking paradise in the Black Forest. (about 27 km)
- Steinwasenpark – the magical family park in the Black Forest with the largest adventure rope bridge. (about 28 km)
- Sauschwänzlebahn – enjoy an exciting ride between Blumberg and Weizen. (about 47 km)
- Triberger Wasserfälle – Germany’s highest waterfalls. A unique nature experience. (about 48 km)
- Rheinfall Schaffhausen – a great natural spectacle with the largest rope park in Switzerland. (about 57 km)
- Europa Park – Germany’s largest amusement park in Rust near Freiburg is always worth a visit. (about 76 km)
- Automobile Museum Mulhouse – it is said that the Cité de l’Automobile is the most beautiful automobile collection in the world. (about 98 km)
- Reichenau Island – the flower-rich island of Reichenau in Lake Constance is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (about 101 km)
- Klosterladen Birnau – the Basilika Birnau is a pilgrimage church and the Baroque jewel on Lake Constance. (about 104 km)
- Advent calendar Gengenbach – during the Advent season, the city hall opens every day a window. (about 112 km)
- Mummelsee – the 65 km long Black Forest High Road leads from Baden-Baden to Freudenstadt. (about 143 km)
- Hornisgrinde (Black Forest High Road) – at 1,164 m, the highest mountain in the Northern Black Forest, surrounded by moorland. (about 145 km)
- Vesperhütte – hearty stop at Seibelseckle, a pass on the Black Forest high road. (about 147 km)